CAREERS AT GINKGO
A one stop shop for natural health and lifestyle, here at GINKGO our mission is to bring the incredible benefits of herbs and natural medicine into more people's lives.
Combining traditional herbal knowledge with the latest clinical research on plant based medicine, GINKGO aims to bring the ancient wisdom of natural healing to a contemporary audience, connecting people with the power of plants.
If you share our passion, we'd love to hear from you!
We are an independent health food and lifestyle store based in Altrincham and Stockport.
We pride ourselves on providing an excellent customer service and sound advice based on clinical research and EBM.
We carry a comprehensive range of high quality, well researched and ethical products including organic whole foods, natural body care, aromatherapy and many reputed brands of VMS.
Duty Manager/ Nutritional Advisor (Altrincham)
(Part Time 1-2 days per week)
We're looking for an experienced, customer focused Duty Manager with a genuine passion for the natural health industry to join our team. As well as responsibility for the day-to-day running of shifts. This role involves providing information, guidance and advice to customers, and as such previous experience working (min 1.5 yrs) within a health food store is a must. The individual must be flexible with their days and reliable.
- Greeting and serving customers in all areas of the store and as required providing in depth advice based on knowledge of natural products and supplements.
- Ensuring that you are a visible presence in store during busy trading times: greeting, engaging, assisting and building relationships with customers
- Supervising other team members and ensuring customer service standards are upheld and that the store is clean tidy and well merchandised throughout.
- Ensuring that operational standards are of a high level and that the store is properly maintained.
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety procedures are updated and followed, with appropriate training put in place for colleagues as required.
- Monitoring stock levels and logging orders.
- Liaising with brand reps and ensuring good relations with suppliers.
- Achieving a happy and positive working environment and dealing with colleague issues swiftly.
- Actively participating in general shop duties including cleaning, ordering, unpacking and entering stock deliveries, as well as preparing and serving herb teas, drinks and healthy snacks.
- Maintaining a high standard of product knowledge, developing and updating your own knowledge of all the products and brands that are carried in store. This will involve building upon your prior experience within the industry, attending product trainings, reading articles and product literature, accessing brand resources and completing short courses as required, as well as participating in in-house training sessions.
Candidates should send their CV to email@example.com.
CAN'T SEE THE ROLE FOR YOU...?
We're always on the look out for great talent!
If you're interested in working for us or looking for work experience opportunities please do
send your CV across to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll keep it on file.